Welcome to the website of the Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Ethnic Minority Integration Forum (DLREMIF).
We are a forum of people from around the world who live in the County of Dún Laoghaire – Rathdown interested in integration.
Established in 2010, the DLREMIF is a network of ethnic minority groups and migrant led organisations based in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County. DLREMIF works in partnership with Local Authority, agencies and individuals to promote the integration of immigrant communities in the County and to influence decisions that impact on their lives.
What We Do
DLREMIF is a local initiative aimed to bring together members of the immigrant communities to debate the key issues facing County ethnic minority and immigrant communities now and in the future.
DLREMIF is supported by the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council and the Southside Partnership DLR.
How We Work
DLREMIF serves for information exchange, community involvement and cooperation in immigrant related matters. Its projects and initiatives include discussion forums, workshops, events, networking with individuals, groups and other forums on local and national level.
Our aim is:
- to bring different communities together to act as one voice representing the ethnic minority community in Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown.
- to inform policy and planning at local, count and national level.
- to be a channel for information and communication for ethnic minority based groups in the county
- to promote active engagement between immigrants and the receiving community in local projects.
Who We Work With
The Members of the DLREMIF represent the Forum and work closely with the following bodies:
- Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Garda Diversity Committee (DLRGDC)
- The Local Sports Partnership Board (DLR Sports Partnership)
- DLR Public Participation Network (PPN),
- New Communities Partnership (NCP),
- ENAR Ireland (European Network Against Racism Ireland)
Why It Matters
DLREMIF has been created with the aim to support and promote personal and professional integration of immigrants living in the Dun Laoghaire county area.